...I will be leaving June 5 for Santarem, Brazil. The Brazilian Consulate just issued me a visa for five years, unlimited. This is an answer to prayer because they haven't been issuing anything longer than 30 days. Obviously, I'm very excited. My plan is to be there for the summer and return August 23, in time to start school in the Fall. My purpose is to ultimately have God's name glorified, magnified, and exalted. To spread a passion for the surpremacy of Christ in all nations for the joy of all peoples, through Jesus Christ.
1) That God will be magnified
2) That the sufferings of Christ will be presented to the people I encounter by my sufferings (Sometimes, I hesistate to pray for this, not knowing what this might entail)
3) That the people I meet will be as blessed by me as I them
4) For safe travels
5) That God would comfort and give peace to family members staying at home (This may be the hardest for them)
6) That all my luggage would arrive (I don't know if I could live without all my books)
I thank God that He is a sovereign God. I know He loves me and that whatever may happen is for His good purposes and His own glory. Praise be to God!