The question posed was this: What is salvation conditioned upon?
The possible "answers" were these:
- Salvation is conditioned upon man's free will
- Salvation is conditioned upon God's electing grace
- Salvation is conditioned upon some other factor
The poll results are as follows (out of 96 votes total):
- man's free will: 20 votes (21%)
- God's electing grace: 55 votes (57%)
- some other factor: 21 votes (22%)
Good Arminians should vote with the second option. Both sides agree that God
decides or elects who is saved. The disagreement is whether this election is
unconditional or conditional. You really should reword it.
Thanks for bringing up a good subject, Daniel. My response to your first point, that "Both sides agree that God decides or elects who is saved," would be, I have yet to meet an arminian who would say that it is God who ultimately decides who will be a recipient of His grace. Will I ever meet an arminian who does?
Is election conditional?
Hmmm...I'm sure no one will want to address this comment...