Wednesday, March 09, 2005

"This is now a covenant of pure grace and nothing else but grace. Let no man attempt to mix works with it, or anything else of human merit [i.e. human will]. God saves now because He chooses to save. Over the head of us all there comes a sound as of a martial trumpet, and yet with a deep, inner, peaceful music to it: "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion" (Romans 9:15). God observes us, all lost and ruined, and in His infinite mercy comes with absolute promises of grace to those whom He has given to His Son Jesus." ~C.H. Spurgeon


"God is so incredibly faithful! Not only has he unconditionally chosen an unfaithful wretch like me for salvation, but he doesn't let me go once he's chosen [me]... God still loves me with the same love that took Christ to the cross. This is one of the beauties of Biblical Calvinism: Salvation is based on nothing that I've done nor any virtue that is found within me. This is great news because if it was based on my will rather than God's I would be out of luck. I am a naturally born sinner from the time of conception who is destined for Hell. And let me tell you; I have done, and can do, nothing on my own to make myself worth saving. But God is good and God is sovereign. He has saved me and is faithful. This is one of the biggest lessons that I have been learning this past year. Even though I am sinful scum, God is good and his grace transcends my seemingly unparalled shortcomings." ~Noel Daniels

2 comments:

k said...

hi. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm honored to be quoted with the likes of Spurgeon.

Thanks for the comment on my site... : )