Monday, February 21, 2005

"I am God"

"To me, Calvinism means the placing of the eternal God at the head of all things. I look at everything through its relation to God's glory. I see God first, and man far down in the list ... Brethren, if we live in sympathy with God, we delight to hear Him say, 'I am God, and there is none else'" C.H. Spurgeon

I just love this quote because it focuses on God and how He is "at the head of all things." This is what Calvinism or Reformed or the Doctrines of Grace acknowledges. This is the biblical understanding of who God is and what priority He deserves in our lives. "I am God, and there is no other."
Thanks and praise be to our Lord, who is sovereign in the Church, and sovereign in the nations!

Julianne

3 comments:

G.Doane said...

It's much easier to repeat that quote than to live it, isn't it? Thanks for repeating it, tho, and I'll try to live it. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julianne-
Thanks for the comment. :)
I enjoy reading your posts, I'm looking forward to the next one.
Where do you live that you were able to venture into the big city of Yreka?

Julianne said...

I live in Southern Oregon. I was up at Mt. Shasta. It was so beautiful.