Postmodernism in the Church:
- The ME Church
- The EM Church
There are tensions in Church life:
- The tension between Contemporary and Traditional
- The tension between Performance and Participation
- The tension between Teaching and Exhortation
- The tension between Honesty and Hypocracy
Three Metaphers for the Church in Ephesians:
- A Building (2:19-22)
- A Body (2:16; 3:6; 4:4; 4:12; 4:16)
- A Bride (5:25-32)
At one point during Dr. Varner's speech, he said this, "Accept everything that happens to you as good, because everything comes from God."
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Dr. Varner both in chapel and in his Old Testament Survey class.